Anne’s Lane Dental Centre Privacy Notice
At Anne’s Lane we value our patients’ privacy. This statement outlines how and why we collect your personal data and what uses we make of your personal data.
1. Information we collect about you
At your first appointment and thereafter we may collect:
- Personal details such as your name, age, address, telephone numbers, email address, PPS Number
- Your doctor and relevant medical consultants
- Your medical and dental history
- X-rays, clinical photographs and study models
- Information about proposed treatment, consent to treatment and treatment provided, including treatment costs
- Any correspondence with other healthcare professionals relating to you, including referrals to other healthcare professionals
2. How we use your information and the legal basis for this use
We use your data where:
- You have agreed or explicitly consented to the using of your data in a specific way (you may withdraw consent at any time)
- Use is necessary in relation to providing you with the contracted dental and health care (e.g. organise your treatment plan, prescriptions, arrange referral to another healthcare professional, arrange for Department of Social Protection Treatment Benefit and your third party insurance company cover)
- Use is necessary to comply with a legal, ethical and regulatory obligation (e.g. correspondence with Dental Council)
- Use is necessary to protect your “vital interests” in exceptional circumstances
- Use for our legitimate interests (which you may object to) such as managing our business, sending reminder messages of appointments, marketing of our practice.
3. Who we share your information with
As your privacy is of utmost importance to Anne’s Lane, your personal data is only used and disclosed for the purpose of your care.
All members of the dental team adhere to the practice’s Code on Confidentiality and the Dental Council’s Code of Practice relating to Professional Behaviour and Ethical Conduct, 2012, which ensures fair dealing with your personal data.
If one of our dentists should cease practice, the dental team at Anne’s Lane will be guided by the above Code of Conduct to ensure you are informed, your personal data is safeguarded and provide you with continuity of care where possible.
Should this practice be acquired by a new owner, all rights and obligations will be transferred to the new owner who will hold your information as securely as set out in this privacy notice.
4. How to exercise your information rights and the right to object
From 25 May 2018 you will have several enhanced rights, including the right, without undue delay, to:
- Find out if we use your information, access your information and receive a copy of this information
- Have inaccurate records updated
- Object to particular use of your personal data for our legitimate business interests or direct marketing purposes
- In certain circumstances, have your information deleted
- Withdraw consent at any time where processing is done based on consent
5. How long we hold your data
How long we hold your health care data is subject to legislation and regulatory rules set by authorities such as the Dental Council.
6. How to contact us regarding your rights
If you wish to discuss any of the above or have a complaint or concern, please direct any queries to reception at [email protected]; 01-6718581 or by post at Anne’s Lane Dental Centre, 2 Anne’s Lane, Dublin 2.
7. Your right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner
You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner at: [email protected] or postal address of: Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, Co Laois.
We may update our privacy notice from time to time. We will endeavour to notify you of any changes.